- Sale of insurance to qualified prospects to ensure continued profitable agency growth.
- Prospect for new clients, sell additional coverages to existing clients, and retain existing accounts.
Qualifications & Education:
- Appropriate State license(s). Additional designations (or willingness to obtain) are highly desirable
- College degree preferred. Prior sales/production and/or marketing/underwriting experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong understanding of insurance sales methodology.
- Familiarity with risk assessment and risk management techniques.
- Develop and implement an approved sales business plan, based on agency sales goals. Meet annual sales goals.
- Actively contact prospects, schedule appointments, make sales presentations, and close on new business accounts, balancing production to achieve desired mix of business.
- Cooperate in gathering information on assigned accounts for renewal marketing and handling per agency procedures. Deliver policies and/or binders on assigned accounts following agency guidelines and timeframes.
- Maintain prospect list of clients of agency’s targeted business in agency prospect system.
- Attend sales seminars, company sales meetings, or educational activities needed to improve sales techniques and product knowledge.
- Participate in/direct any special projects at management’s request
- Beginning salary which would move towards commission-based compensation
- Generous benefits package, including:
- 15% annual pay put in 401k
- 3% additional match on funds employee puts in 401k
- Holiday bonus at both Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 100% health insurance premiums paid for employee and their family
- 5% of salary for health insurance copay and deductible reimbursement
- 5% of salary for dental and vision reimbursement
- Clothing allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly Speedway gas card
- Quarterly Dinner and a Movie passes
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Anniversary bonus
- Education reimbursement
Interested applicants can reach out to agency President Paul Rathbun at 517-482-1316 or email their resume to mail [at] rathbunagency [dot] com.