We like to pride ourselves on immersing ourselves within the local community. Especially in the midst of a global pandemic, nonprofit organizations are feeling strapped to deliver their missions in a new reality. This year, we would like to highlight a few organizations that we have partnered with that we think are deserving of some recognition.
Giving Tuesday is on December 1st this year and we hope you find a local organization that you can passionately support. Here are some of our favorites:
- Loaves and Fishes Ministries provides emergency short-term housing, advocacy and support services for homeless men, women and children, and long-term transitional housing, advocacy and support services for mothers with children and individual men.
- Lansing Intentional Communities provides a community integrated model of living that provides adults with disabilities the opportunity to live independently while creating community connections.
- Ele's Place is a healing center for grieving children and teens. Each week, peer-to-peer bereavement support groups help hundreds learn to cope and begin to heal after the death of a loved one.
- Firecracker Foundation honors the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma by building a community invested in the healing of their whole being.
No matter what missions are near and dear to you, there is a local organization you can support:
- If you want to help end homelessness and support affordable housing, check out:
- Want to help build stronger communities?
- Looking to support the arts?
- If you're passionate about helping children:
- Looking to support access to adequate healthcare?