The Rathbun Agency is excited to turn 65 this year! We were founded back in 1956 by two Rathbun brothers - Jack and Jim.The agency started with no customers and one company contract, but steadily grew through referrals as a result of exceptional customer service.
We value community. The Rathbun Agency has been successful because we have immersed ourself within the #LoveLansing community. All of our agents are involved within leadership in local nonprofits and we support organizations that make Lansing it's best. Through our Quotes for a Cause (opens in a new tab) initiative alone, we have been able to donate over $35,000 to sixty six local nonprofits since 2014!
And what better way to celebrate 65 years than by continuing to give back? In honor of turning 65, each of our employees will be selecting a local nonprofit and sharing why that organizations' mission hits close to home. The Rathbun Agency will be donating $65 to each employees organization as we hope to spread the word about all the amazing nonprofits in our backyard.
For Pat Leyser's organization, she selected the Capital Area Housing Partnership (CAHP). CAHP believes strong partnerships between local government, neighbors, businesses and organizations like them are best able to achieve these results. Their strategies for achieving these goals include building a foundation of financial and home buyer knowledge, providing down payment assistance programs and/or creating exceptional, affordable housing stock for their clients. Programs designed to keep people in their current homes include foreclosure intervention and homeowner renovation programs.
CAHP runs the Homeowner Education & Resource Opportunity (HERO) program, which consists of HERO classes, the tool library, and Tuesday Toolmen.
- HERO Classes (opens in a new tab) aim to educate the citizens of Lansing in home maintenance and home improvement skills through interactive, engaging classes taught all over the City. These classes cover everything you need to know as a homeowner, including:
- lawn mower repair
- home security - installation of deadbolts, window latches, door stops
- landscaping basics
- fence and deck maintenance
- and so much more!
- The Tool Library (opens in a new tab) is a large truck full of tools that you can borrow! CAHP has everything from drills and saws to rototillers and hedge clippers.
- The Tuesday Toolmen (opens in a new tab) is a group of volunteers who gather each week to build entry ramps and install other safety and accessibility devices for senior citizens 62 and older and the severely disabled. The materials and labor for this service are provided at no cost to qualified homeowners in the City of Lansing. This program has been active for over 10 years and has helped countless residents.
In order to support the Capital Area Housing Partnership, you can make donations (opens in a new tab)directly on their website.